Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cena Internacional




On Friday I got a great last-minute invitation to attend a dinner given by Pochy's friend in honor of a visiting professor from the University of Northern Iowa, Kathryn East. Other guests were local Chilean teachers who have gone on exchange in Iowa, living there for a period of time with host families. We arrived at about 9:30 pm to find a man cooking Chinese food outside (see photo). What a great idea! This is very common here - the chef comes, sets up the wok and fire, cooks, puts all the food on the table, and then heads on to his next appointment! It was some of the best Chinese food I've ever had. I love the group photo because what you see is so typical of homes in this area - a large, lovely outdoor area with a table for dining outside. (Pochy and her husband Jaime are on the far right.) Dinner started at 9:30 pm and with lively conversation, pisco cours, food, wine, coffee, etc., it went until 1:30 am. I was so glad I picked up Pochy's phone call to invite me!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, your pictures are just beautiful and your comments so interesting. It makes me feel like I am actually seeing it. Thanks, Sally

    ReplyDelete